Monday, August 31, 2009

Venezia

Venice is such a lovely city. Besides all the dang tourists. I went on a gondola ride with some of my new friends on the Topdeck tour! We are staying at this "camp" site. Its like mobile homes with bathrooms and everything. They also have a pool and gym. St. Marks was beautiful! I liked it more than St. Peters although they both have very different architectural styles. I am getting very anxious to upload all of my photos and am worrying that I may fun out of space on my memory card!

I ended up enjoying the rest of my time in Roma. I met some cool people in the hostel and went out with them a couple of times. We went out clubbin one night and walked around the ruins the last night. Its amazing how they just let the ruins be ruined lol. They just let the chariot race area crumble. All that is left is a tower. And other places are similar. I saw the place where Caesar was murdered which was pretty cool since we were just studying the play for Shakespeare.

Anyway, tomorrow its off to Austria on the Topdeck tour bus! Should be a lot of fun. All of the people are really cool and kinda crazy. I like them. They have a lot of extreme sports in Austria to do but I think I will just check out some scenery. They had a rafting option but its only a grade 2 so I decided not to waste my money. It should be a good time anyway though.

No comments:

Post a Comment